© 2010 - 2016 B. Neibart, Wild Life. All Rights Reserved.

come to my Facebook page: Dailyscribble
or www.facebook.com/mydailyscribble

more coming soon.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

SCRIBBLINGS

Here is a page of scribbles turned into drawings. Each took less than 5 minutes. (I added the red so that the original scribbles would be easier to see for this particular drawing).
My father (who was also an artist) and I used to do these all the time, when I was young. He (and I, later) went to libraries and nursing homes and had audience members come up and make a scribble, then watch and laugh as he turned them into silly drawings. 
I use this exercise in my classes sometimes, to help unleash students' imaginations.
Lynda Barry's Writing the Unthinkable workshop reminded me of this amazing exercise in creativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment